For those who may just read my blog, here are the basic details: My book release event will be on May 2nd, 2015 at 7 PM at 1315 New Hope Trce, Chapel Hill, NC 27516. For $10 at the door, you get: (1) A signed copy by the author, (2) a link to download the ebook, for free, (3) a digital photo with the author, (4) food and drinks! Please RSVP on facebook by Sunday, April 19, 2015!
The general idea with the night is from 7:00-8:00/8:15 I would be signing books and taking pictures with each of you. Around 8:15, I would come up on stage and read an excerpt. Once that was over, any late arrivals and/or people who did not get a signed copy I would finish with before the event closes. There will be food and drinks, so you are welcome to hang around and talk.
This is a public event, so you are more than welcome to invite anyone who is interested in the event.
The book is also available for pre-order right now!
A note about the paperback: I set up a pre-order page through a different company, Amazon Advantage. Due to the fact that the printing company, CreateSpace, will not allow you to reserve a release date for your book, on April 20, when I approve the proof and order the books, you will temporarily be unable to pre-order the book from Amazon. However, you will be able to order from CreateSpace at a link I will provide on the day that the Amazon paperback link goes away. That technically means that the release date for the paperback is two weeks earlier than the ebook. FYI.
Thank you so much for your support! Check out all the previous tidbits I have released about Romance is for Other People below:
2. The title is Romance is for Other People
3. There are four main characters
4. The first main character is Chris, male, 14 years old.
5. The second main character is Lydia, female, 14 years old.
6. The third main character is Jeremy, male, 16 years old.
7. The fourth main character is Amanda, female, 16 years old.
8. The format is first person, alternating between Chris and Lydia.
9. The title is a quote from the novel.
10. All the chapter titles are quotes.
11. Romance is for Other People Summary (View Here)
12. Genre: Contemporary Young Adult Drama-Comedy
13. Chapter 1 will be from Chris' viewpoint. Chapter 2 will be from Lydia's viewpoint.
14. Chris and Lydia will be auditioning for a play in Chapter 1.
15. Chris' family has a BBQ with Lydia's family in Chapter 2.
16. There will be a dance in Chapter 3.
17. Chris' parents and Lydia's parents are close friends with each other.
18. Chris and Lydia did not dance together before the story starts.
19. Chris and Lydia live next door to each other.
20. Chris character profile: (View Here)
21. Lydia character profile: (View Here)
22. Jeremy character profile (View Here)
23. Amanda character profile (View Here)
24. Both Jeremy and Amanda play on basketball teams.
25. Amanda has a best friend named Katie.
26. Chris's mom has a tense relationship with her sister, Jeremy's mom.
27. There is a fictional movie called Beautiful Disaster.
28. There is a fictional band called Psycho Boyfriend.
29. The main characters attend William Henry Harrison High School.
30. Chris and Lydia live on Hathaway Street.
31. Chris and Lydia live about a mile away from their school.
32. Chris and Lydia's mantra with each other is "Best Friends Forever".
33. Chris and Lydia have known each other since they were three years old.
34. The play that Chris & Lydia are auditioning for in Ch. 1 is A Midsummer Night's Dream.
35. The story starts in late September.
36. Lydia and Chris went to theater camp together.
37. At theater camp, Chris and Lydia had lead roles.
38. Romance is for Other People Cover (View Here)
39. Lydia's dad has a job as a realtor.
40. Chris' mom has a job as florist.
41. The first chapter is titled "I'm Just Nervous."