Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Ultimate Weird Al Parody List: Original Artists/Songs + Parodies

So just for fun, I decided to make a Spotify “Weird Al” Yankovic playlist, with the original song and then parody next, in order from the first album, “Weird Al” Yankovic to the most recent album, Mandatory Fun. 

Now, I did run into a few problems.  First of all, the original artist songs for four different parody songs were not available on Spotify.  However, whenever I could, I used a cover which sounded like the original artist song.  (1) For the parody song, “I Love Rocky Road” on“Weird Al” Yankovic, the original song “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” originally made famous by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, I used the cover by the Black Jets on ReCovered Hits Volume 2.  (2) For the parody song “I Lost on Jeopardy,” on In 3-D, the original song “Jeopardy” originally made famous by The Greg Kihn Band, I used the cover by N.y. Street Band on DISCO ROCK ’80.  (3) For the parody song, “TMZ,” on Alpocalypse on Even Worse, the original song “You Belong with Me” originally made famous by Taylor Swift, I used the cover by Michelle Lorenzo on Sounds Like Taylor Swift.  (4) Unfortunately, for the parody song, “Toothless People,” on Polka Party, I could not find the original artist song “Toothless People” by Mick Jagger or a cover; so the parody is there, but the original song is not. 


All other original songs were from the artist that made them famous.  Enjoy this ultimate “Weird Al”/original artist playlist! 


No comments:

Post a Comment